Tips for taking Quality Photographs for your Vacation Rental
As an owner of a vacation rental you have one chance to make an impression on an individual searching for a rental. The most important part of vacation rental listings are the photographs.
Tips for quality photography of your vacation rental.
- Stage your photos. Use flower arrangements in the rooms you photograph. A popular place to use flowers is your dining table. Also stage the table with wine glasses for that extra touch. If you have a deck, patio or pool stage the area with open umbrellas, glassware and any other items that make the outdoor area inviting.
- Use proper lighting when taking photos of your vacation rental. Make sure your photos are clear and well lit. Dark photos are a turn off for guests looking for a rental.
- Photograph views. If your vacation rental offers views of the ocean, mountains. lakes or the city highlight the view. Guests love views. They picture themselves sitting on a roof deck enjoying a coffee in the morning or wine at night. As mentioned above, stage the area. Coffee cups or wine glasses and bottle of wine.
- Take photos from above if possible in tight rooms. Stand on ladder and shoot down from a corner in the room. The result will be a larger and wider looking room.
- Cozy up the place. If you have a fireplace, light it and photograph the beauty of the fireplace in your vacation rental. Add pillows on couches and a throw blanket. Soft light the rooms for a warm look.
- Turn the TV on and take a picture. Guests want a large TV. Highlight your HDTV with photos of something cool on the TV, sports and travel are favorites. If you have a theater room highlight the seating. Family time is often watching movies together while on vacation.
- Lift your blinds and let the light in. Renters want light not dark.
- Take photos of the surrounding area. Highlight local attractions.